The Social Media Boot Camp for Business is designed for people who want to learn how to harness the power of social media, but don’t know where to start!
So many business people have said to me that the social media training they have attended to date, always seems to assume a prior level of knowledge. Often delegates feel intimidated to ask questions about the basics, for fear of coming across as unknowledgeable. It’s probably best summed up by this comment from one business person I was talking to recently: “If only someone would put on a course where they start at the very beginning and help me personally to get my accounts set up properly and send me on my way.”
The Social Media Boot Camp is a one day starter course specifically designed for beginners & elementary users. This course assumes a very low level of social networking sophistication & promises to be jargon free!
Running from 9am until 5pm on Friday 17th August 2012 at the Apollo Hotel Basingstoke, this event will focus on the four key platforms, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Tea/coffee, lunch & course materials are all included in the price.
The course is strictly limited to just 15 places & delegates will have the opportunity to bring laptops to open and/or optimise their accounts in real time with the help of the course tutor.
In the morning the focus is on LinkedIn and Twitter, then after lunch the afternoon is all about Facebook & YouTube. During the day delegates will actually set up their new social media accounts & optimise them to help grow their reputation & business. The course will also look in detail at the Google Keyword Tool and explain why this is a must-have marketing tool for the modern day small business.
Specifically this one day training course will cover:
- Setting up a Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube account for your business
- Making money using social media
- Using social media to drive traffic to your website
- The Google Keyword Tool and why it’s the most useful free business tool on the web!
- How to link your social media platforms together to make posting & management, simpler & quicker!
- Optimising your LinkedIn profile to be more visible to potential new clients
- Setting up LinkedIn company pages
- Using LinkedIn to rank number one for a specific search term
- Using LinkedIn as a prospecting tool to win new business
- Using LinkedIn to get great Google rankings for you, your business and events
- The language and etiquette of Twitter
- What to say on Twitter and when
- How to build a following for your business on Twitter
- How to manage Twitter in just 6 minutes per day!
- How to set up a Facebook Fanpage for your business & why!
- What to post on your Facebook Fanpage
- How to get “likes” on your Facebook Fanpage
- Why YouTube is such an important part of your business online marketing mix
- What are the ingredients of a successful video
- How to produce videos people want to watch & add them to your own website and emails
- How to optimise your YouTube videos to be found